Reheat Your Holiday Meals
Luella’s Smoked Whole Turkey
For best results allow 3 1⁄2 hours total time to reheat Luella’s Whole Smoked Turkey. Reheating the turkey in a hurry may dry the meat.
Follow just 3 simple steps to bring back the love on your Thanksgiving table.
- Remove the turkey from the fridge and let stand for at least 1 hour at room temperature before placing in the oven.
- Remove the foil cover, pour a shallow layer of water or chicken stock in the bottom of the turkey pan. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Place the uncovered turkey in the oven and set time for 1 1⁄2 hours. When the timer expires, drape a sheet of aluminum foil over the top of the turkey. Set the time for 1 additional hour. Reheat your smoked turkey to an internal temperature of 150° F. To measure temperature, place a meat thermometer next to the thigh bone.
Note from the Pit Boss
Luella’s Smoked Turkeys have been brined with apple cider and special seasoning for added flavor and to help retain moisture during the smoking and reheating process. Your turkey was smoked with Hickory and Apple wood for over 4 hours and fully cooked to 165° F internal temperature. The smoking process enables dark poultry meat (thigh and leg) to retain its natural red pigment often associated with undercooked poultry. Don’t be alarmed by this color, as it is a natural color and safe to eat.
Luella’s Smoked Turkey Breast & Sliced Beef Brisket
For best results, allow 2 1⁄2 hours total time to reheat Luella’s Smoked Turkey Breast and Beef Brisket. Reheating these items in a hurry may dry the meat or render undesirable results.
- Remove meat from the fridge and let stand for at least 2 hours at room temperature before placing in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the meat. Pour 1⁄2 cup of water or chicken stock over the meat and cover with foil.
- Place the covered meat in the oven and set timer for 20 minutes. When the timer expires, check to make sure the meat is hot, reaching an internal temperature of 145° F.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Remove foil lid.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until hot in the center.