Taste the Love.
Luella’s Bar-B-Que is named after owner and Pit Boss Jeff Miller’s grandmother Luella. “Grandma Lue” did all the cooking when the family would get together for Sunday dinner and holidays. Scratch cooking from the garden at its best. What she handed down was an understanding of how great food is created – honest good cooking, made with a loving hand.
• Expertly prepared smoked meats and fresh sides. Made from scratch, high quality grub, tasting great everyday.
• Warm, friendly and caring staff that enjoy their work and strives to ensure a truly great experience. That’s another way of saying “down-home, Southern hospitality”.
• Order-Pay-Dine, Monday thru Friday lunch, in a fast casual environment; plenty of time to enjoy your meal before your next appointment.
• Every day from 4pm to close, and all day Saturday, we offer full service dining for a more relaxed dining experience.
• Call ahead for carry-out. We can make it happen before you get to the store.
Luella Fern Yoder was born July 22, 1922 in rural eastern Iowa. She was one of 8 children growing up on a farm. Her mother called her “Elly” when she was being scolded for misbehaving. When Luella was behaving, she married Monroe Yoder Valentines Day 1943. Grandpa Yoder raised Hereford hogs in the 50’s to show at fairs and farm shows. His grand champion prize hog was named Big Boy. The mother of 5 children, Luella cooked not only for her family, but also for the public school system.